AIE is dedicated to investing its care, resources and hard work in identifying and recruiting school leaders and teachers, offering high quality professional development at all levels, and designing engaging lessons to prepare all students for life in the 21st century.
- Finalist in Lt. Governor’s Social Innovators Institute, a business plan competition for 10 Louisiana non-profit social innovators.
- Won $3M U.S. Department of Education grant for Transition to Teaching, bringing in career STEM professionals and certifying them as teachers to place in high-need schools
- Won $3M U.S. Department of Education grant for educational leadership development program, blending education with social entrepreneurship
- Won $10M U.S. Department of Education grant for innovative incentive-based teacher compensation program
- Won $3.3 Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation grant for a community partnership with East Baton Rouge Parish School System to design an autonomous school zone, modeled after the successful New York City Empowerment Schools, and distribute $30,000 grants to fund a summer school program in each of the 18 middle schools in EBRPSS.
- Conceptualized, designed and facilitated district and state approval of the first two charter schools to be approved in the urban East Baton Rouge School System in over 10 years. These are the Helix Arts & Digital Media Academy and Helix STEM Academy (now operating as Mentorship Academies)
- Designed, developed, and received state approval for Redesigning Lessons, Re-envisioning Principals (RLRP), Louisiana's first statewide alternative certification program for educational leaders. RLRP has had 4 cohorts of residents through the program, totaling to 35 participants and 27 alumni and a completion rate of 77%. AIE recently grew to reach more aspiring leaders by launching Louisiana's first state-approved virtual component to alternative certification.