About Our Program
Become a certified principal through Redesigning Lessons, Re-envisioning Principals (RLRP), AIE’s pathway to educational leadership certification delivered in partnership with Louisiana State University’s E. J. Ourso College of Business, Louisiana school districts, charter schools, and Editure.
RLRP intersects business and educational principles to develop educational leaders who focus on the “double bottom line,” ensuring that schools are always focused on their mission and producing results for their clients (students), while at the same time generating the revenue required to operate the core business and reinvest profits into new or expanded services.
Upon completion of the program, participants are prepared to lead schools as ”edupreneurs” and, after successful completion of the School Leadership Licensure Assessment (SLLA) exam, participants earn the Educational Leader Level 1 Certificate (EDL1) and can be certified as principals.
RLRP is one of three BESE-approved alternative certification program for educational leadership in Louisiana --- and the only one with a statewide focus and a blended learning model with a distance-learning component.
Candidates undergo a four-step interview and screening process with RLRP. Group interviews with leadership simulations, phone interviews, writing samples, and a comprehensive application package ensure candidate quality and commitment.
Coursework and program outline
For a description of program expectations (including tuition payments) and how they are scheduled, contact us.
All RLRP participants work as a full-time employee during the program. The academic school year is considered a full-time administrative residency, for all purposes of the program, and includes 125+ days of in-school experiences and cohort based learning seminars. Trained coaches and mentors provide support for RLRP Participants.
Participants will join a national network of like-minded entrepreneurial school leaders with the capacity to tackle the challenges of either repairing broken systems or creating ones that work.
AIE demonstrates its strong commitment to expanding the flexibility and adaptable changes requested of aspiring leaders with the following advantages:
- Individually Customized Program Design
- Web-based and In-person Support
- Lower Participant Cost than Traditional Pathways
- Flexible Payment Plans
- Assistance in Searching for Leadership Placement
- Access to AIE’s National Network of Education and Business Professionals
- Customized Cohort Social Networking
- Support Documents
- State-Wide and Regional Programs
- Cohorts provide clear program structure and course sequencing, a supportive peer group, and increased contact with instructors
- Extensive Coaching and Staff Support Network During Program and Post-Certification
- Test Prep for the SLLA Certification Exam
The program cost is $3,900, paid across 14 installments (an initial deposit of $250.00 followed by 13 payments over the course of the program).
If you decide to pay in full at the time of acceptance, the cost is $3,150 (a 10 percent discount). All individuals who obtained their teaching certificate through an alternative certification pathway pay this discounted rate.
Program fee covers the following:
- Personalized coaching
- Cost for School Leadership Licensure Assessment (SLLA) Preparation
- Online coursework (Editure)
This fee does not cover the following:
- National conference: registration and accommodations (options available in Louisiana)
- SLLA Exam fee
Contact us today to learn more!